Q. What Has Changed with 12 hive in SharePoint 2010?
Three New Folders have been added in 12 hive structure in SharePoint 2010:
1. UserCode – files used to support sandboxed solutions
2. WebClients – used for the client Object Model
3. WebServices – .svc files
Q . Whats New with webparts in Visual Studio 2010?
- A developer can create two types of webparts using Visual Studio 2010.1. Visual Webparts – Allows you to Drag and Drop the controls from the Toolbox to WebPart Design surface. You can of course write your custom code in the code file. You can also package and deploy your webparts directly to Sharepoint from VS by pressing Clt+F5. Visual studio 2010 also provides you with three different views for developing webparts. The views are split view, design view and Source view(as we have in SharePoint Designer 2007).2. ASP.Net WebParts – Where a developer can build up User Interface and logic in a class file. You do not have designer for drag and drop of controls. This webpart inherits from standard ASP.Net webpart. For Deployment we can again use ctrl+f5 to deploy this webpart.
Q. What are the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for SharePoint.
- Visual Studio 2010 includes SharePoint-specific project types and project item types, and includes powerful packaging, deployment, and debugging features that help increase your efficiency as a SharePoint 2010 developer.Some of the Templates avaiable are :
1.Visual Web Part project template.
2. List defination template.
3. Content Type template.
4. Empty Project template.
5. Event Receiver template.
6. some workflow template.
7. the Site Definition template etc.
Q. What are SharePoint Sandboxed soultions ?
- SharePoint 2010 provides a new sandboxed environment that enables you to run user solutions without affecting the rest of the SharePoint farm. This environment means that users can upload their own custom solutions without requiring intervention from administrators, and without putting the rest of the farm at risk. This means that the existing sites\pages or components will not be effected by the newly added soultion. Users can deploy the below four things as sandboxed soultions :1. WebParts.
2. Event Receivers.
3. List Definations.
Q . What Changes are made in SharePoint 2010 to enforce Referential Integrity?
- In SharePoint 2010, Referential Integrity is enforced by using two options available with Look-up columns. While creating a Look-up column, you have two options :1. Restrict Delete
2. Cascade DeleteThese options define a relationship between the Look-up list and the list containing the look-up Column.
Q . What is Ribbon in SharePoint 2010?
- The Ribbon Bar, is one of the finest improvements that Microsoft added to Office 2007 . SharePoint 2010 follows the same path. The ribbon basically, is a toolbar that appears across the top of each page in SharePoint.The top-level elements in the Ribbon are tabs. Each tab organizes a set of groups (like Edit.Browse) and contains a set of controls. The controls inside the groups include buttons, drop-down menus, check boxes, combo boxes, split buttons, and galleries. In short, the users now can see the options like checkOut,Check In, Edit Page,Publish Page, delete page under edit tab, on the top of the Page itself.
Q . Whats New with SPAlerts in SharePoint 2010?
- In SharePoint 2007, alerts were send only through e-mails, but in SharePoint 2010 users can also send an alert to mobile devices as SMS Message. A New property DeliveryChannels is introduced to indicate, whether the alert is delivered as E-mail or as an SMS Message.
Q . What has changed with SSP in SharePoint 2010.
- In SharePoint 2010 Shared Service Providers (SSP’s) are replaced by Service Applications. Services are no longer combined into a SSP. They are running independent as a service application. The service application architecture is now also built into Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, in contrast to the Shared Services Provider (SSP) architecture that was only part of Office SharePoint Server 2007. A key benefit here is that all services are installed by default and there is no SSP setup.